Thursday, April 19, 2012

"American Idol" Ousts Colton Dixon, Toasts Dick Clark

Looking fine in colorful green pants with a white top, Jennifer Lopez turned up at Fox Studios in Los Angeles for what would be an eventful night of "American Idol" action on Thursday (April 19).

Coming as quite the shocker, Colton Dixon ended up being named as the contestant sent packing - as Elise Testone, Hollie Cavanagh, Jessica Sanchez, Phillip Phillips, Joshua Ledet and Skylar Laine find themselves as the six remaining "Idol" hopefuls.

Speaking to the judges - who were in utter disbelief over his ousting - 20-year-old Colton said, "I need to apologize. I wasn't myself last night and I get it. And I appreciate what you told me last night. I'll take that when I'm making a record. And I'll choose songs [that are right for me]."

Offering strong words of encouragement, J Lo chimed in to say, "You'll make many records." Echoing these sentiments, Randy Jackson added, "You have a huge career ahead of you."

Meanwhile, the night also saw host Ryan Seacrest pay tribute to recently departed TV personality Dick Clark in the form of a short segment highlighting Clark's contributions to television.

"He was smart, charming, funny and always a true gentleman," Seacrest said. "He was a remarkable man and left a rich legacy for audiences around the world."

Once finished with the tribute, Ryan proceeded to introduce LMFAO as the episode's special guest act - with the electro pop duo delving into a rendition of "Sorry For Party Rocking".

Source: http://celebrity-gossip.net/jennifer-lopez/american-idol-ousts-colton-dixon-toasts-dick-clark-605624

Sara Foster Sara Spraker Sarah Gellman Sarah Michelle Gellar

No comments:

Post a Comment