Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Adam Lambert Questions "Catty" Members of the Gay Community


Adam Lambert covers the latest issue of Instinct, a magazine that focuses on the LGBT community - and opens up to the publication on a topic that may cause some controversy for the former American Idol star.

Adam Lambert Instinct Cover

"As a community, we’re a little bit resistant to a gay male pop star ourselves," Lambert says. "It’s very easy for people to look at my origin, which is American Idol, and automatically assume that I’m a commercial sellout or a puppet or a flash in the pan.

"I don’t think I’m any of those things. There’s something weird there. We’re very eager to celebrate a strong female. But to celebrate a fellow gay man – it gets catty sometimes.”

The artist will soon be coming out with a new album, one he has described as especially personal, and he elaborated here regarding what fans can expect:

“This is the kind of music I listen to. I know the style of vocal I have is kind of big. It has a certain edge to it. I’ve always loved rock, but I also love stuff that is more groove-based, more funky, more soulful, more dance music.”

For more from Adam Lambert, pick up the latest issue of Instinct.

Source: http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2012/04/adam-lambert-calls-out-gay-community-as-catty/

Tami Donaldson Tamie Sheffield Tara Conner Tara Reed

No comments:

Post a Comment